கோயம்புத்தூர் நேரலை - இது கோவையின் இதயதுடிப்பு

» Latest News »

Mar 25, 2009

Anna University Affiliated Colleges @ High Court

Colleges affiliated to Coimbatore Anna University have moved the Madras High Court to quash a varsity resolution of February 18 last for establishing engineering colleges which would be outside the purview of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).When the writ petition filed by 'Association of Management of Coimbatore Anna University Affiliated Colleges' came up for hearing today, Justice K Suguna ordered notice of motion to the respondents, including the University and its Vice Chancellor R Radhakrishnan, returnable by April 8.
The new Public Private Partnership scheme proposed by the University, the petitioner said, was opposed to the principles laid down by the High Court and the Supreme Court on establishment of colleges for teaching technical subjects.The petitioner claimed that under the new scheme anybody having 25 acres of land and capacity to invest between Rs 10 crore to Rs 25 crore could apply to the University for starting an engineering college."These colleges will be outside the purview of AICTE and there is no obligation to satisfy the requirements provided by the AICTE," he said.Besides, he added, the scheme without disclosing norms for providing admission strength, enables the management to admit 20 per cent of the seats on their own while placing the remaining 80 per cent at the disposal of the University.The petitioner contended that an additional 10 per cent seats would be created for filling up at the state Government's discretion.

Related Posts by Categories



There was an error in this gadget
Google