கோயம்புத்தூர் நேரலை - இது கோவையின் இதயதுடிப்பு

» Latest News »

Aug 6, 2008

Huts Gutted Into Fire

As many as 12 huts were gutted in a fire that broke out in a dwelling area of the construction workers at Pasumpon Nagar near Olymbus in Ramanathapuram in the City on Tuesday evening.Construction workers from Salem and Dharmapuri were living in the huts. Fire and Rescue Services Personnel led by Station Fire Officer, Arumugapoomalai put out the fire after two hours. An accidental spark from a stove is suspected to be the reason for the fire.

Rural Industries and Animal Husbandry Minister, Pongalur N Palanisamy, District Collector V Palanikumar, District Revenue Officer, S. Prabhakaran, South Tahsildar, T. Mohandoss and others visited and consoled the victims. Minister handed over Rs 1,000 as relief amount. He also gave bed sheets and dress materials to the families rendered homeless.Collector V Palanikumar said that arrangements have been made for accommodating them in the Corporation school for three days and. He also announced a compensation of Rs 2,000 from the Government.

Related Posts by Categories



Recent News

Google