கோயம்புத்தூர் நேரலை - இது கோவையின் இதயதுடிப்பு

» Latest News »

Dec 27, 2008

Miniature Bikes Becoming Populer With Children

With motor sports getting popular in Coimbatore, miniature bikes are fast catching up with the children instead of bi-cycles. The motor sports in Coimbatore got a shot in the arm with India's first Formula One driver Narain Karthikeyan winning on the international circuit. The growing popularity of the motor sports prompted Joe, a motorbike mechanic with an interest in miniature bikes, to make these bikes. "Two years back I went to china and saw large number of youngsters riding small bikes. I was very much impressed and thought why not we design such bikes in India. Moreover, a large number of motor sport riders have come up in Coimbatore, so I decided to design miniature model bikes. So far I have designed and sold more than one thousand bikes," said Joe.


These miniature bikes have the same features as the big motor bikes, though engine capacity of these is up to 40 Cubic Capacity. The miniature bikes can run upto 50 Kilometers on one liter of petrol and can accommodate a pillion rider as well. They are ideal for the children, as they do not require registration or driving license. "Generally I used to ride bicycle, but when I saw these bikes I fell in love with them and in future I'd love to take up bike racing." Said Eswar. The cost of these miniature bikes varies from anywhere between from rupees 15, to 17,000.

Related Posts by Categories



Google